Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Testify


D f M
Tomya Peters

I was driving down the road and heard this song come on the radio. I’ve heard it numerous times and love it to pieces. I usually have tears come to my eyes as I feel the power in the words. I believe the truth about this message.

If you've got pain
He's a pain taker
If you feel lost
He's a way maker
If you need freedom or saving
He's a prison-shaking Savior
If you've got chains
He's a chain breaker

I remember as a child hearing someone on television testifying to the healing of their child and giving God the glory. My mom from across the room mocked her under her breath saying, “I’d like to see if you’d get up there if your child had died!” That may sound abrasive to you, but I understood where those words came from. It wasn’t to hurt or take anything away from the woman who spoke it. It just shared pain and anger. I have agreed with her words my whole life. We should also be able to “Praise him in the Storm” as “Casting Crowns” wrote about. I've always wanted to hear a heart wrenching story testifying to God's continuing love and healing for us being enough. That's the strength we need to see. Not just the stories of things working out the way we want it.

Today as I sang along with the radio I wanted to stand and shout. I wanted to drop everything and testify. Well, driving down the middle of my city’s busy street wasn’t the right time. So here I am today. Yes! I will testify.

I believed it  - Jesus is the Son of God and gave his life for ME.

I received it  - He has healed me in and through my storms.

I feel it          -  I feel His love, even when I’m week, ashamed and broken.

I will testify  - The bad that has happened may not go away but with my fist in the air I have conquered the grave. I plead with you to give Him a chance, to take your pain, to give you freedom and break your chains. It’s not always about everything going your way in life. Sometimes bad things happen that can't be changed. Sometimes my consequences don't go away and I must 
live with them. I'm here to tell you that, I can be changed and I have strength to deal with what doesn't go away. He has overpowered Satan and lifted me in His arms with love.

Take a moment to testify. You may be showing someone in need of a “way maker” whose hand they can hold on to.

If you believe it
If you receive it
If you can feel it
Somebody testify


 Song & Video by Zach Williams

Don't want to miss my blogs? Leave me your Email!